I'm Clare, the designer and maker behind Clare Mazitelli Designs, a printed textile business I run from home in Canberra, Australia.
With a background in graphic and web design I have always loved design and often dreamed of having my own creative business. While on maternity leave in Brighton, UK in 2017 I decided it was 'now or never' and brought my idea to life.
I'm passionate about all things art and design and believe there's great value in creating products with real meaning and soul behind them. To be able to make something someone will cherish and enjoy for a long time is a wonderful thing.
If you also love design and appreciate products that balance style, practicality and quality I hope you'll find something here you really love.
My fabrics are printed by Frankie & Swiss in Melbourne using an environmentally gentle approach that is carried right through the print studio which is committed to running a low impact, sustainable practice. The fabric is a natural fibre linen-cotton blend and is printed with non toxic, solvent free, water based pigment inks.
The leather straps are vegetable-tanned, an eco-friendly tanning process using natural materials.
- Create an embroidered linen wall hanging at Hold Cottage, Gunning - August 2020 (sign up to the Hold Cottage newsletter for tickets)
- Object Shop - Australian Design Centre, Sydney
- The Curatoreum - National Portrait Gallery, Canberra
- The Curatoreum - National Arboretum, Canberra
- Timber & Tailor, Canberra
- Craft ACT - Canberra
- Will & Russ - Gunning, NSW (opening August 2020)
- Mandi at Home - Perth
- Mooi - Zurich, Switzerland
- Story of Things - Online
- Australian Design Centre - Spotlight on Canberra Makers - November 2019
- Her Canberra - Design lover's rejoice! The Curatoreum is back - September 2019
- The Design Trust 'Dream Plan Do' planner for 2019 - Featured designer for July
- The Design Trust, Christmas gift guide 2018
- Lacuna Press - Featured designer August 2018
- The Mother Maker - Featured designer July 2018
- Etsy UK - Etsy for Me campaign - Featured by Sophia Rosemary July 2018